Friday 26 October 2012

Skywatch Friday - View Into Coventry Cathedral

I am referring to St Michael's, a 14th century Gothic church later designated a Cathedral.   The Old Coventry Cathedral (St Michael's) is now a ruined shell after its bombing during the Second World War.



Not everything was destroyed.  Before the war this view would have been obstructed by a stained glass window and the Cathedral roof beyond.

For lots more photographs featuring the 'sky' follow the link to SKYWATCH FRIDAY.

Have a super weekend everyone.  Stock up on those sweets for Halloween.  (I like Tootsie Rolls :).  See you next week.



8 comments:

Wibbo said...

Great shot!

Joyful said...

I love this way of looking at the sky. Great shot!

Paul in Powell River said...

Love those arches in the arches!

Adele said...

This is beautiful, yet sad at the same time. Perfect photo, LOL! I left you a little note in Petrea's blog for today. No winds here in Sierra Madre. Yay! A rare time when I hope for inaccurate weather prediction.

Fashion Momma said...

Lovely photo!

My entry.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I luv your Coventry blog! I'm glad you started this, Laugh Out Loud from Pasadena!

Cloudia said...

BINGO!

A long time ago, I read 'Phoenix @ Coventry' and have been secretly hoping to see it today through your eyes. Thanks.

Weekend Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

> < } } (°>

><}}(°>


LOLfromPasa said...

Cheers folks for your kind words and sweet messages. It adds to the fun.