Wednesday 17 October 2012

From A Monastery To A Hotel

Coombe Abbey Hotel  (view from a bridge to the right)

Welcome to Coombe Abbey Hotel just as the fog is lifting. This place is just about perfect and located just outside Coventry.  It was founded as a monastery in the 12th century and in the 16th century it became royal property. Yes, it is a hotel and there is no denying  that the moment you enter the grounds you are transported to....well, you just have to come and have a look for yourself!


Hotel and moat to the left (looking towards Coombe Country Park)
 There's more.....

The Entrance
I could never describe this 'no ordinary hotel' adequately, so click the link, Coombe Abbey Hoteland have a little read for yourself.

A Closer View (through the morning fog
hiding that Ferrari)

Some of the Courtyard

Fancy English tea and scones?  I know just the place........!




14 comments:

Adele said...

Oh, it's beautiful, LOL! And they have a "twixt" special that is a really good deal. Right there in your neighborhood!

Leeds daily photo said...

Not sure how I missed this place but its somewhere I have never been. Beautiful place.

LONDONLULU said...

Wow, this place is amazing!! I love every photo (and happy you chose to share multiples:), I didn't know about this hotel but it is going straight into my bookmarks - they've a gorgeous, enticing website:)

Paul in Powell River said...

OMG - what a great building in a great setting. I didn't bother looking for their rates, the scenery tells me it's out of my price range!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What a setting!

LOLfromPasa said...

Adele - We both seem quite grateful for the nice places we have around us. How lucky we are. Camera helps me to notice more.

Leed's Paul - It is 10 minutes from town (5 minutes from me) heading towards Brinklow/Rugby. A must see.

Lulu - A super choice as a place to visit. (I was not sure what to do today...I have more but hope this idea worked for today.)

Powell River Paul - You can wander in an browse or stay the night. They have super deals (even on Groupon).

Thanks, JM.

LONDONLULU said...

Hi LOLfromPasa - just dropping by again to say I'm glad you enjoyed the unusual musical break:) Great Britain has produced marvelous ukulele players!

Tanya Breese said...

oh how i want to stay there now!! dreamy foggy pictures!
i've had tea and crumpets in victoria, canada...loved my visit there :)

LOLfromPasa said...

Tanya. Plenty of fog about these days. Neat that you have been to Victoria. Love to go there.

Lulu, I got the message ukulele. Still can't believe your video. Really good.

Stefan Jansson said...

I will be right over. That looks wonderful.

TheChieftess said...

Now this looks exactly like the type of place I like to stay in!!! Beautiful pics LOL...

Petrea Burchard said...

This is breaking my heart with its beauty! Ahhhhhh! I Must Get To England Now. NOW.

Urp. I will have to dream about it.

On another note: Lulu, one of Britain's great ukelele players, Ian Whitcomb, ended up a couple of miles north of here in Altadena. He performs at the Coffee Gallery sometimes.

LOLfromPasa said...

Petrea - You will. Camelot & Vine will get you here :). PS. I'll make sure Lulu see your comment.

LONDONLULU said...

Thanks LOLfromPasa and Petrea for the comment - that is very cool that Ian Whitcomb ended up in Altadena! I would've enjoyed dropping by from time to time, I like hearing ukuleles being played by enthusiastic musicians:)