Thursday 24 January 2013

Thatched Roof Thursday #15 - Snow Delay


That was Tuesday!  So it isn't quite done yet.  The roof line intrigues me. Wonder how they are going to finish it off. And, see to the left of the sign?  Is there supposed to be a window there?  I went back and had a look at my first visit to this cottage when they were removing the old thatch.  I can't tell.  A mystery :).

Did you say you wanted to see some icicles?  Here you go.


I don't know about you.  I am not used to all this snow.  I am going to have a look for something that includes a little greenery for tomorrow!

One more thing.  Most important.  We went to see the film, 'Quartet', directed by Dustin Hoffman.  It was filmed in Buckinghamshire, England.  Excellent!


11 comments:

SRQ said...

That roof job looks like it should have been started or finished before old man winter showed up. I wonder what the owners are thinking now. (Yikes.) I haven't heard of 'Quartet'. I'll have to look into it and see what it's about. I'm always looking for a good movie with a nice setting.

LONDONLULU said...

Oh those poor folks will really have a job of it now, with the snow! I went back to your other photo but that mystery window remains a mystery for me too:) (I saw adverts for 'Quartet' in the tube over holidays, exciting! It hasn't made it to Princeton yet.)

TheChieftess said...

Wow...the only thing tougher than construction in the rain or snow is thatching a roof in the snow!!!

LONDONLULU said...

Just popping in quick to answer your question here - Mr. L is pretty sure that old phone was about $500! (eek:)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your right LOL, the first picture was no help at all in establishing what this might be, we'll have to wait until they're fini to find out oui!
We saw The Quartet last week, sooooooooo good, what a stellar cast!

Adele said...

Amazing to see it coming together. This long bout of snow must be affecting some pocketbooks, too...

Tanya Breese said...

i'm glad the roofers got a break and didn't have to roof in the snow!
thanks for the tip on the movie, will look for it!
have a great weekend :)

LOLfromPasa said...

Progress is being made. Saw it again. Snow removed!

Adele - I wonder just how much that sort of roof would cost ?

PDP - Glad you enjoyed the film!

Petrea Burchard said...

I don't know why thatching fascinates me so much, but I love these posts. All your posts this week are wonderful (and that is definitely not a cat)...

LOLfromPasa said...

Thanks, sweet Petrea!

Daryl said...

can't wait to see it when its completed