Wednesday 27 January 2016

Coventry Pubs #7 - Litten Tree

1a Warwick Row
On a windy day in November, 2015.


Not every public house in Coventry is an architectural gem.
This is just a plain brick building located between the City Centre
and the Coventry Train Station.

When I was taking these photos it was the Zebra Crossing
I wanted to share.  I like them.  
Across the street in New Union Street
stands one of Coventry's 3 historic spires -


Sorry about all the text here.  
I just have to add something about the
yellow 'globe' atop the black and white pole.
It has a name, Belisha beacon, and a history too.
Always learning :). 


Hope your week is going well!!!

10 comments:

Lowell said...

You've got lots of stuff and things about which to learn! And you have so many magnificent buildings there that one or two plain-Janes are OK. "Plain-Janes"? Is that sexist?

Fun60 said...

Still a few leaves clinging onto those trees.

William Kendall said...

The spire really catches my attention!

Tamago said...

Gorgeous sceneries. The spire is beautiful!

Jens Hamn said...

there is a beautiful architecture! I like that !

Stephanie said...

Great shots!

Halcyon said...

The light in that first shot is so nice! Have to go check out what the yellow globe is now. :)

Tanya Breese said...

is this right now? you have green leaves?!!

Sharon said...

I understand those lights on the poles but, I never knew what they were called. I love learning new things on my blog visits.

Jack said...

The zebra crossing was the first thing I saw, too. Fascinating reading about that yellow globe thingy, which regrettably will still be called a yellow globe thingy because my memory is not what it used to be.