Wednesday, 13 January 2016

ABC Wednesday - A Is For Across

St Mary Street and Bayley Lane
St Mary's Guildhall (to right - where I used to work), Drapers Hall (left)
and Cathedral Ruins straight ahead.


There aren't many T-Junctions in Coventry
where you have 3 historic buildings
'across' the street from each other.

The white canopy covers the entrance to
Coventry New Cathedral that adjoins the Old Cathedral Ruins.

Why did I takes these photographs?
It was the notice board below that caught my attention :).


It reads - 'Pray for Ourselves'.

Participating in ABC Wednesday

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't mind wandering there. Odd sentiment, I think.

Lowell said...

Very fine photography, Lauren! And I love that dramatic header! Impressive. What did you do in the Guild Hall?

Shooting Parrots said...

And the original cobbled streets as well. Nice photos.

Melody Steenkamp said...

wonderful photo's... of a place i don't know yet...

Have a nice abc-day / week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

Wandering Wren said...

It was lovely to see the Cathedral ruins on your header as well, looks a lovely part of the city!
Wren x

Tanya Breese said...

i wouldn't have minded working in that beautiful old building! nice catch!

Sharon Anck said...

I like seeing these streets that I wouldn't normally see.

Halcyon said...

These buildings and streets look like they could be straight out of a movie. LOve all the brick. ANd a nice message too.

jeannettestgermain said...

Love this T-crossing - it immediately puts one in another time period! I also love the birds-eye view on top - so interesting:) Have a happy week.

Fun60 said...

I would never have guessed that photo was taken in Coventry.

Hildred said...

Beautiful photos. And yes, the birds-eye view is lovely, but rather sad.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cool photos! "Pray for Ourselves" -- interesting commentary.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Roger Owen Green said...

What an amazing combo

ROG, ABCW