Thursday 20 November 2014

Thatched Roof Thursday #80 - Shottery Village


The photo above is how I first saw this 
cottage from the road (just down the street from Anne Hathaway's Cottage).

Luckily I was able to get a little closer (below).


My favorite photo is the one below taken on our walk back to the car.  
The addition of the 2 horses (and there is a cat too) 
just makes this thatched roof home look extra special.


Shottery Village is located just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon.
Well worth a visit.  Only 30 minutes by car from Coventry.


9 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful photos! :)

RedPat said...

Another beauty!

Lowell said...

We have some thatch roofed homes in Florida, too. They are tiki huts made by the Seminoles! :) Don't look like this, though. Very pastoral and very delightful. I agree the 3rd shot really captures all of the scene.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous shots. Yes, the third shot works the best for me.

Jane and Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Jane x

Stephanie said...

Lovely shots!

Jack said...

I don't know how you are able to continue finding these wonderful thatched houses.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

ANother place I have yet to visit

Sharon said...

Another beautiful cottage in an equally inspiring setting.