Monday 27 February 2012

Coventry Craftsmanship - Lady Herbert's Garden

Chauntry Place, Coventry
Next time you go into Coventry City Centre, take a half-hour to walk around Lady Herbert's Garden (opposite the Old Fire Station).  It is a delight.  When I noticed these beautifully crafted railings, I wasn't sure what the initials 'FH' stood for.  You will see plenty of references to Sir Alfred Herbert and Lady Herbert, of course.  Lady Herbert's first name was Florence.  How lovely for Coventry to have this extensive garden and homes created as a memorial to Lady Florence Herbert and to be so well preserved.

In truth, I didn't know what to post here today.  I had to do some jobs at home and my only outing today was to the grocery store.  A picture of my shopping trolley on double lines (as it happened) would have been fun but I chose this photo instead.  So glad I did.

No comments: