Sunday 29 July 2012

The Sign Says It All....

Cyclopedia powering Lady Godiva  (not pictured) to London
More tomorrow!  I had to start today with this photo of cyclist taken in front of building built in 1890 for S & B Gorton, cycle manufactures.  In 1905 Swift Motor Company took up residence.  Swift Motor Company is famous for making motorcycles, motor tricycles and a conventional car in 1901.  PS Those black clouds produced a hefty bit of rain and thunder and lightening...must be England :)

4 comments:

LONDONLULU said...

That's a great action capture - I love those sleek bikes they're riding (hope you managed to stay clear of the thunderstorm!).

Petrea Burchard said...

Lulu's got it. This is what I call a good catch.

Adele said...

Love this! Great bikes, too. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

LOLfromPasa said...

I have added a bit more today about all this. I think with the Olympics the publicity passed by me on this event. I would have planned to get tickets to see some of the 'artistic' events. I spent a good hour staring at Godiva this morning. Her eyes are always moving and she becomes quite real. Something like the horses in the 'War Horse' play. And she is so big!!!! Interesting.

I missed the storm....just, Lulu!