Sunday 10 June 2012

View From Warwick Castle

Mill Street, Warwick
The towers and ramparts of Warwick Castle give this perfect vantage point of homes between the castle and the River Avon.  This photograph was taken in September, 2009.  I promise you that we had a day well spent, especially for our granddaughter who 'officially' became a princess during her visit that day. (Yes, it is true.)

Warwick is 12 miles from Coventry and 'especially' nice to visit from any place worldwide and Pasadena :)

4 comments:

LONDONLULU said...

I love the cool perspective & (belated) congratulations also to official princess-dom! This is not far from where I stayed on my last UK trip, I must visit Warwick Castle next!

Petrea Burchard said...

Oh oh oh oh oh!!!!

I've viewed this very view!

Pardon me, I'm excited.

I lived at Oxford for a month (did I tell you that part?) taking a summer acting course. On weekends there was time for day trips. I loved Warwick and I took loads of photos (1999, pre-digital). I have wonderful memories of that time. Thank you for this.

LOLfromPasa said...

Lulu...Warwick Castle gets better and better...I try and get there at least once a year...it is magical. Princess-dom indeed, nicely put :)

Petrea, now you know how I feel when I look at many of your photos in Pasadena. Great, great feeling and source of much excitement! I didn't know about your 1999 adventure and filled with happy memories...Brilliant!

See you two lovely people after a short break. Things to do, people to see and computers to sort out. I will miss my daily homework but hope to be able to comment from time to time. Cheers!

Petrea Burchard said...

Will miss you. More Warwick when you get back, perhaps? I remember going to Blenheim, too, if you're so inclined...