Thursday 6 October 2016

Thatched Roof Thursday #91/92 - Peatling Parva

Parva Cottage and Rose Cottage
Ashby Road


A pair of cottages (Grade II Listed)
built in mid 18th Century.

This style of building (two houses together)
is often seen in modern day houses here in England,  
called 'semi-detached'.  Fun to see an 18th Century version.


I am guessing these are one-bedroom homes. The addition of
a conservatory gives some extra space.
Parva Cottage is on the left and Rose Cottage is on the right.


11 comments:

Lowell said...

One bedroom wouldn't do it for me, and I doubt these would weather a hurricane too well, but they sure are cute! :)

Bill said...

They're quite attractive. One bedroom is fine with me, less clutter.

Jack said...

It is a lot more complicated to have two houses on the same plot when thatch is involved. I wonder how they decide that it is time to re-thatch, and what they do if there is a disagreement about it.

Petrea Burchard said...

Thatched condos!

Fun60 said...

They look so well preserved. Thought of you when I was in the Cotswolds last week looking at some thatched cottages.

RedPat said...

Such a lovely roof that is! And I always like the pheasants!

William Kendall said...

Very English!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Both beautiful Lauren but really, who could resist Rose Cottage, it's adorable!

Sharon said...

What beautifies these are!

Tanya Breese said...

rose cottage is quite charming!

Halcyon said...

I just love those cottages. So British!