Monday 13 February 2017

The Bird Hide

Coombe Country Park


This is a great place for watching and photographing
birds and other wildlife.


Inside the hide is a sign (below) telling us about 
The Fred Fox Memorial Fund
created in loving memory of
Mr Fox by family and friends.
Please take a minute to read.


Every year flowers are left inside the hide.
(Photo below taken late last year.)


 That's my husband (below) on a very cold morning
doing a little bird watching.


It is a wonderful place to visit at any time of the year.  
The views are amazing too.




9 comments:

Bill said...

Looks like a wonderful place to watch the birds and a nice way to honour Fred's memory.

William Kendall said...

It sounds like Fred led a life well lived. The area looks very appealing, and peaceful.

Lois said...

Oh wow! This would be my kind of place.

Petrea Burchard said...

Beautiful shots. You may know there's a similar hide at Descanso Gardens. Different birds though, I imagine!

Fun60 said...

That looks a great place for a hide. Ideal for spending an hour or two watching the bird life.

Liz said...

It does look like a great place to bird watch!

Sharon said...

What a great place to watch the birds. I think I'd enjoy sitting there and waiting for a heron to appear.

Jack said...

I have been to hides like this in Africa, but at the moment I can't remember any in the uSA. They probably exist; they are probably just not common. Good ideas, though. And it is good to see the memorial for Mr. Fox, who seems like just an ordinary guy who put in a lot of time for visitors and is now recognized for it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I always enjoy your shots from the bird hide Lauren, one day I will get back to the one we found at Herdsman Lakes!